How efficient is your data management, privacy and compliance with international standards such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Did you know you can easily manage data compliance with Dynamics 365 Business Central?
If you are already using Business Central to manage all your data and end-to-end operations, you can ensure privacy compliance with the Data Classification module.
The Data Classification module unites the existing data privacy and compliance functionality which includes the Data Classification Worksheet and Wizard pages and the Data Classification Mgt. code unit. It means all privacy requirements are consolidated in one module to be configurated faster and easier than before.
Why is it important to include data classification tools in your business management capabilities? Firstly, data sensitivity is essential. Classifying data as sensitive in reports, for example, helps with managing the sharing and exporting of documents to avoid disclosing information to irrelevant parties, for example, very sensitive financial data.
Secondly, classified data according to strict criteria enables suppliers, partners, and clients to work together towards enforcing data compliance with local and international data privacy standards.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central enables customers to upgrade their entry-level accounting software and legacy ERP systems with a single, comprehensive solution to manage finances, operations, sales and customer service. It is a cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution that helps organisations streamline business processes, improve customer interactions and enable growth.
Below is a list with the capabilities provided by the Data Classification module:
- Creating an entry in the Data Sensitivity table for every field in the database that might contain sensitive information
- Setting the data sensitivity for fields
- Synchronising the Data Sensitivity and Field tables by introducing new entries in the Data Sensitivity table for every new entry in the Field table
- Querying whether all the fields are classified
- Querying whether the Data Sensitivity table is empty for the current company
- Inserting a new data sensitivity entry for fields in the database
- Inserting new data privacy entities entry for tables in the database
- Getting the date for the last time the Field and Data Sensitivity tables were synchronised
- Raising an event to retrieve all data privacy entities
Transform your business with an accessible, flexible, fast and user-friendly ERP solution.
Contact Strategix today to see how Dynamics 365 Business Central can help your enterprise make smart decisions, redesign business processes faster, and fuel business growth.