Sales needs to adopt a new hybrid sales model and focus on customer engagement to drive results in today’s complex environment. Success is highly dependant on the organisation’s ability to combine complex data, technology and people in a unified platform that supports the buyer-seller process.
An insightful article published in Forbes emphasises the outdated role of the traditional CRM approach to customer service. It says the focus needs to shift from linear sales management to seller empowerment through efficient customer engagement.
Microsoft’s research on the matter suggests a similar inclusion of an organisation’s sales strategy with a customer-centric model orchestration. Sales teams that put engagement first are 2.3 times more likely to achieve quota sales, according to the company.
Thankfully, the tools for sales and customer engagement success are already in motion. The customer’s digital journey can be deciphered through the intelligent use of big data analytics, machine learning, automation and orchestration – the latter being the fusion of data, technology and people to gain deeper insights into the buying process.
The new approach to AI-driven customer engagement to boost sales can be effectively arranged through employing the following actions:
- Anticipate customer needs by using big data analytics and predictive learning tools
- Personalise customer experience based on intelligent data
- Streamline the sales process and client engagement through automation
- Leverage multiple channels to engage customers where it suits them
- Develop a holistic view of customers through effective system integration