Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (better known as USSD) holds many benefits for business, especially when it comes to client service and marketing. USSD can benefit your company in the following ways:
- USSD works on all GSM mobile devices.
- USSD enables you to reach customers who were previously difficult to reach.
- USSD doesn’t need any application installation.
- USSD can integrate into any business system using a web service.
- USSD is free to use so your customers don’t have to pay a cent, which means they will be amenable to USSD services.
- You’ll save money as USSD doesn’t cost a lot to implement and use.
- USSD is a quick way to exchange data in real-time as it is session-based.
- USSD’s menu-based applications enable more user interaction.
- USSD is easy and convenient to use.
- You do not need an internet connection as USSD works on voice connectivity.
- USSD doesn’t charge the customer for roaming.
- USSD is more secure than SMSs.
- USSD is faster than SMSs (up to seven times faster).
- USSD allows for messaging to take place during a call.
- USSD can easily be customised to suit your business needs.
- USSD allows you to increase revenue by making it easy for customers to recharge accounts and generate higher call volumes.
As part of your business’ service delivery, USSD can be used to provide the following services:
- Mobile banking
- Updating mobile software
- Customer self-management and service
- Voting and polling
- News and sports updates
- Currency updates
- Ticket purchases
- Call centres using USSD to replace IVR (voice support)
Strategix provides USSD solutions according to your business requirements by creating a mobile-based menu-driven application customised to your needs. The power of our solution is that we can do all the development, deployment, testing and reporting for you or you can develop your solution on your own.